Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fashionable Sweets

Dear cupcakes, to-day is your lucky day. Why? Well, I am giving out information on an emerging fashion trend so new that even I haven't got an article of such nature yet.

I guess I am betting my whole credibility on this. And, why should you trust me? Well, I am a fashion designer and I have a good idea of how trends work.
However, the real reason is that I happen to have some sort of psychic connection with the rest of the world, and it's a matter of faith that you believe me on this or not. 
It happens very often that, suddenly, I decide I would like to wear a certain thing that nobody wears and I have seen nowhere: just an invention of mine. So I go around searching all over, even where it seems less likely that I will succeed, for that. After a few months, I finally find it and become one of the very first wearers and, within a season or two, it has become fashionable and it's seen all about.

Now, speaking business, you have surely noticed that, for the last 5 years, muffins and cupcakes have been increasing their presence in fashion. Now they're all over, and you know trends go out of fashion as soon as you notice they're fashionable. So something is about to override them. What?

Macaroons and petit-fours got a shot, but didn't really make it. In fact, I believe their failure was that they came in too late. I was expecting a tide right after the film of Marie Antoinette came out, but it took them a few more years to appear.
So my bet is for the next trend to be ice-cream:
 

Should you come across anything with an ice-cream, doubt not: buy it! (As long as it's nice enough, of course)

By now, I've only found a few things at Claire's, hidden among the muffins, but they're mostly earrings, and I don't use earrings.

However, take notice that sundaes and ice-cream in paper cups look like variations of cupcakes, and popcicles are variations of lollipops. Although these are also part of the ice-cream trend, what you really want to look out for are wafer cones with two or three scoops on them.

Good luck on the hunt!


And, for those who've read the post all the way down, I'll also say I've noticed some plastic spheres with floral motives printed on them. Try to get hold of real porcelain balls, much better if they're hand painted. You may want to dig into your mother's jewel-box or take a look at second hand jewel shops.

Tea to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment